Ashawa Consults Limited was commissioned by IHS Nigeria to conduct Environmental Impact Assessment(EIA) for 638 proposed BTS sites across all 36 states of the Federation and the FCT.
The objectives of the EIA include are to:
– Satisfy local, state, federal, and international rules and regulations on environmental issues relating to the telecommunications industry;
– Identify and evaluate all negative and positive potential impacts of the proposed project on the environment and surrounding communities;
– Recommend appropriate measures to prevent, reduce or control the identified potential negative impacts of the proposed project;
– Develop an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for all phases of the proposed project.
– Establish a benchmark for recommendations.