The Traffic Management Plan (TMP) project was carried out in Lafarge AshakaCem Coal-Fired Power Plant (CPP), Ashaka, Gombe State as part of a 5-part Post Impact Assessment 16mw project. The CPP will generate power for the cement factory using coal as fuel.
The project commenced in November, 2017 and lasted for a period of two month. The objectives of the TMP are:
- to improve routes of existing traffic system
- achieve sustainable management that can provide traffic control devises
- acquire useful information on the volume of traffic
- classification of the vehicle size and capacity
- the directional split to identify tidal flow on the routes, generate information that would enable effective design.