IHS Nigeria commissioned Ashawa Consults Limited to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment in 2,182 proposed BTS site in all the states of the Federation and the FCT.
The objectives of the EIA for the proposed project are to:
- Satisfy local, state, federal, and international rules and regulations on environmental issues relating to the telecommunications industry;
- Identify and evaluate all negative and positive potential impacts of the proposed project on the environment and surrounding communities;
- Recommend appropriate measures to prevent, reduce or control the identified potential negative impacts of the proposed project;
- Develop an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for all phases of the proposed project;
- Establish a benchmark for recommendations.