Artificial air-fresheners contain chemicals that are potentially toxic and dangerous to health. However, nature has graciously gifted us with some plants that are not only beautiful but purify air and improve scent. Here are a few flowers that can be planted at home or other indoor spaces for a more natural and healthy scent:
- Jasmine: Emits a sweet scent at night after sunset and especially when the moon turns fuller. Keep it near a window so it gets sunlight.
- Tea Rose Begonia: It is a fragrant plant with an all-season bloom of beautiful pink flowers. They work well as hanging baskets or potted on a windowsill.
- Gardenia: It has a strong sweet scent. Growing gardenias indoors requires close attention to humidity, light and pest control.
- Lavender: Has a soothing and relaxing smell that can keep you calm and even help you sleep at night. It can also serve as an insect repellent.
- Orchids: This is a very popular house plant, and is so for good reason. They come with a variety of smells; some like jasmine, some citrusy and some like vanilla.For more refreshing tips, follow Ashawa Consults.