Toys are one of the ever-increasing items in the homes of people who have children. They are usually made from so many combinations of materials – some entirely from cloth while others from pieces of plastic, metal or rubber joined together. Most times old toys cannot be recycled because of these different materials and particles they contain. Here are 5 things you can do with old toys rather than throw them out to be hazardous to the environment:
- Donate them to charities, preschools and nurseries, churches, and other community outlets
- Dismantle them and recycle some of the plastic or metal parts
- Transform toys into art (spray paint them, turn them to wall art, etc.)
- Create a lamp out of an old toy truck, etc.
- Get your child to create another toy out of an old cloth toy
Follow Ashawa Consults Ltd for more information.